Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could find a stock smith or custom stock for a BT-99? Need set up for trap, possibly a fitting service.

·
Registered
17,957 Posts
Hmmmm? You need a BT-99 set up for Trap? Correct me if I am again wrong, but I thought BT means Browning Trap. They already have Trap dimension stocks on them. Granted for that elusive Mr. Average, but Trap dimensions none the less. Where do you live? There is surely someone in the area? Speed Bump stock works, Country Gentleman are just a couple that come to mind. Have you done a Google search for custom shotgun stock work? There are a bunch of them out there, good ones too. Maybe customstox can help you out?

Google for Adjustable comb shotgun stock. Custom shotgun stock, etc. Lots of them out there. Some not too far from Tenn. Wenig's in MO wouldn't be that far away, though USPS, FedEx, and UPS can take them anywhere.

BP

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
the key words are, custom and fitting, not trap. I know the bt is a fine trap gun. I am in Tennessee, it is listed under my post. I have looked some, already, no luck. The bt usually is very long and heavy. There isn't much out there in a trap single, for young or small shooters, in this price range. I have looked at the micro model that is coming. It has a shorter stock and barrel. Thought someone on this forum may refer me to someone or company who specializes in this type work.
Happy Shooting and merry Christmas

·
Registered
85 Posts
With you in Tenn.,It isn't that far to Canton Ohio one of the finest Stock makers/ fitters is in Canton He fitted me and made the stock on my 391. His name is Dennis DeVault. He is the owner of DeVault industries. The built the Mach-One shotguns there and are building the Infinity shotguns He is a superb craftsman. Their number is 330/ 456-6050 This is not a cheap investment, But a gun fitted to you makes all the difference in the world. Give him a call,I don't think you will regret it. Don't think the B T isn't worth the money you will spend on a custom stock. Dennis will be happy to discuss the whole process with you. No I'm not affiliated with De VAult industries. I just know a lot of people that have used him.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
RadDad,

The operative words seem to be "young" and "small" shooters.

These adjectives, when used to describe shooters, nearly always necessitate a fitting. The vast majority of guns are designed for average adults 5' 10" in height that weigh 160 pounds. Even the stock dimensions chosen by manufacture res to fit the average shooter, fit far less than half the shooters who buy their guns.

The only thing I could advise for a good stock fitter in your area might be Todd Nelson, the Country Gentleman - http://www.stockfitter.com. He travels around the country offering his excellent fitting service to major shoots much of the year. You might check with him to see when and if he will be near you next year and if so, when.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great Info guys! Thanks tons. There are 2 very good options for me here, at least. I knew this site would come through.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

you can all look at what your shooting.....but
Can ya shoot at what your lookin 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.