Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is still a skeptic, I took my 500 out for a test drive last weekend with my new CopStock on it -

Love it!!

Works great, shot 125 rounds in an hour, most from the shoulder, and didn't feel a thing afterwards. I was expecting at least a little soreness from the wire frame, but it never came. Shooting from the hip was very easy and controllable, with just a little bit of muzzle flip. Very quick for follow-up shots too.

It's so refreshing when a product works as advertised.

Next time I'll bring more ammo!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
now if Knoxx would have a chance to engineer a SpecOps for an 11-87 remington semi or other semi's on the market...

hint, hint, Larry... :wink:

Knoxx really pushes your ammo budget to the brink but that's okay

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WalMart has 100 count bricks of Winchester or Federal target loads for $15 - cheap entertainment!

Given enough time and $, I don't think Larry will have a hard time finding a market for other stocks for other guns.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
i bought several last month... great for training 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have a point.. I would think too that it may work better on a gun that has a locked breech, using gas delay - for example, as opposed to a pure blowback design.

·
Registered
719 Posts
DOH! I missed the boat! :oops:

I ordered the CopStock being convinced that it was "Military Grade".

When it arrived, I found the finish somewhat rough but the `deal breaker' for me was that the wire stock "wobbled" in both the open & folded position (around 1/4" play). That kind of thing kills me :twisted:

So I returned it but these kinds of posts make me wonder if I was being too picky :roll:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Just got the low key and rather pedestrian untactical comp stock--you know, the one without the pistol grip.

I really wanna try it this weekend, but my barrel for this SG is still away getting a screw-in choke fitted. It fits nice and looks pretty good aesthetically.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ed E said:
DOH! I missed the boat! :oops:

I ordered the CopStock being convinced that it was "Military Grade".

When it arrived, I found the finish somewhat rough but the `deal breaker' for me was that the wire stock "wobbled" in both the open & folded position (around 1/4" play). That kind of thing kills me :twisted:

So I returned it but these kinds of posts make me wonder if I was being too picky :roll:
I think you may have gotten a bad one.. there is a touch of play in mine, but nowhere near 1/4". Give it another try, I say..

·
Registered
21 Posts
ajgee said:
In case anyone is still a skeptic, I took my 500 out for a test drive last weekend with my new CopStock on it -

Love it!!
Ditto! I love mine on the 870, and I also don't have much or any play in the folding stock. I would highly recomend buying another one(much cheaper through Cabelas or sometimes E(vil)bay, but worth it no matter how much you pay). The first time I tried it, I was able to knock down 2 out of 5 clays one handed. Which is two more than any of us expected. My 90 pound boss had no trouble handling heavy loads, she decimated flying melons, with very little prior shooting experience. I would be very surprised if anyone was disappointed with one of these critters, I couldn't be happier :D

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Does anyone have the SpecOps stock to make a comparison? I'm contemplating one of these two and I want the one that removes the most recoil, for myself and my kids.

·
Registered
64 Posts
......I replaced a Copstock with a SpecOps mainly because the former wouldn't clear an optical sight when folded...Recoil wise, the SpecOps seems to have the advantage but either is quite effective....If you would prefer a folding stock, I would spring for the Copstock, otherwise, the SpecOps..........

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Thanks, OldWheat,

Next question for you, then. Does the difference in the two justify the huge price difference ($90 vs. $130)?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey Ajgee;

Your probably right that I got a "bad one".. :?

But now, I'm going to hold onto my Butler Creek Folding Stock and wait until that "Next Great" folding stock comes out.

New innovations are constantly coming out because `Tactical' Shotgun Accessories are BIG BUSINESS.

This website is a wonderful way for manufacturers to showcase their products directly to the prime consumers. :wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
soonerpgh said:
Thanks, OldWheat,

Next question for you, then. Does the difference in the two justify the huge price difference ($90 vs. $130)?
......I'd say yes, unless your preference is for a folder....(If you phone in your order to Knoxx & speak to Larry, you should get a discount.)
BTW: Excessive wobble wasn't a problem with my 'Copstock"..................

·
Registered
40 Posts
Like Ed E My Copstock had lots of wobble, also about a 1/4 inch. It's a shame, because the rest of it seem well made.
It surprizes me that the company didn't use better tollerances or simple shims to get rid of the wobble. It made the stock feel cheap. I was able to sell it at a slight loss.
If anyone from the company reads this, please correct what seems to be a simple problem.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey tpaw;

Thank you so much for posting because now I feel that I WASN'T too picky after all :p

Not to knock Knoxx, but there must be something to the `wobble' because 3 of us experienced it and in our case, severe enough to `pass' on the product. :roll:

Like I said before , I'm confident that a great new folding stock will be coming along. 8)

I was also looking at ACE - anyone out there have any experience with their folding stocks for SGs??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ed E

I call a spade a spade and shoot from the hip, no BS.
If they get rid of the wobble, I'd buy another one.
It boggles my mind that Knoxx would go to the trouble of engineering a fine piece of equipment and let a simple flaw like a wobbleing folding stock get by!
Some one fell asleep somewhere on the assembly line!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.