Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather bought himself a Mossberg .410 when he was 16yrs old.(approximately 1953) It was a bolt action with a three round internal magazine. It had screw on chokes. I do know he saved for some time to buy this gun and was on the higher end of the price scale at the time for a gun like it. He specifically had to have it. Later he bought a 12 ***** and sold the Mossberg to my other grandfather. Later my father owned the gun and it was to be passed on to me but was stolen from my fathers home. This really upsets me. I would like any info I can recieve on this particular shotgun. As well as any tips someone can give me on locating another. I know it won't be the old family gun but I have to replace it none the less. Thank you for your time

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
That is a Model 183D, made from about 1940 to 1971.. They made thousands of them, shouldn't be to hard to find, watch the auctions.. They were quite inexpensive in 1953. I bought a similar gun in the Stevens brand for $32 in 1951. I would say the Mossberg was about the same price.. Bushrod

1 - 3 of 3 Posts