Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I have a question for you. I have just recently purchased a Maverick 88. I bought the model based off the Mossberg 590. It is a 20 inch cylinder bore barrel with a 8 or 9 shot magazine that is flush with the end of the barrel.

Here is my question. I use the gun for home defense but am really wanting to target shoot and skeet shoot with it as well if I can. So, do any of you know where I can buy a replacement longer barrel for my gun that accepts chokes? I know you can for the 18.5" barrel version because it has the standard magazine, but mine has the extended. Could I have one modified and adapted to fit. What can i do? Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
you can get your barrel reamed and tapped to take chokes.

not another barrel for that magazine tube that comes with chokes though could try contacting mossberg see if they are hiding something others dont have for sale.

other option would be to get a magazine tube for 5+1 though conversion is not something can do alot of fast. could then use a standard mossberg 500 barrel. would need a spring for the tube could keep the same follower.

not sure if you could have a smith convert a longer barrel to
the longer magazine tube or what it would cost. probably possible. mossberg has a 20" barrel that comes with choke set for $130 at midwayusa though its for the shorter magazine tube.

how many yards is your target flying? have you tried shooting it yet? any problems sighting?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was looking for. This is why I love these mess. boards like this. Good people like yourselves help me find exactly what I need. thanks to both of you for your help.

Brandon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts