Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any aftermarket heat shields available for a Mossberg 590 with factory ghost rings?

Oh, by the way, I love this shotgun.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That front sight is great, but Mossberg doesn't offer heatshields on the shotguns they ship with the ghostring sights because you would bugger the heck out of the heatshield taking it off and putting it on. I am not aware of any aftermarket heatshields for the 590 with the ghostring front sight.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I did quite a bit of shopping and browsing when I got my 590 and I never saw aftermarket shields. I'd be interested to know if any exist...

·
Registered
17 Posts
sorry but the ATI heat sheild must be slid over the muzzel and cannot be done with the ghost ring sights, but it is possible if you cut enough of the front off the heat shield shape it to look good again (dremel, or hack saw and files, then some cold blue or heat resistant paint) and add a nice metal clamp not a hose clamp that would look like s%$t there are other types, may take some looking. dont be afraid to cut it up its realy easy and its only $30 if you dont like it let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys...yes you can purchase the ATI Heat Shield and slap that bad boy on your 590 or 500's. Just slip the large rear opening over the barrel just behind the front sight.
Slide towards the rear of the barrel then with your 2 index fingers pull open the front end of the shield and push downdwards and it falls right into place and do the finishing adjustments and bolt it on with the supplied hardware. It looks awsome!

If someone tells me how I can post pictures in this site I can delight you guys with my little project I have just completed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts