Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah, but just for the comedy value.

I'm not a big fan of weapon-mounted lights, but it could be used for this purpose also. I think there are adapters available.

I wouldn't worry about the mount itself being much of a "waste" though. . . I mean, we're talking about a very small protrusion of metal for the bayonet to clip on. I doubt that he average gun owner would even recognize the mount unless you pointed it out to them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought and M8 the same day I got the Mossy...fits it well and makes it an even deadlier weapon...good firearm, knife and bat. You are set at close quarters....only bad thing is the bayonet slug interferes with the sling stud if you have the stud mounted on the mag cap.

Good Luck,

RAZO

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hell Yeah!! :twisted:
I've used the bayonet many times.....No, not that way.
It's great for flipping logs, boards et.al. while snake hunting.

BTW tgenetzky the threaded hole on the bottom of the bayonet lug is a perfect fit for the sling stud.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The 590 was designed for the Marine Corps, hence, the heavier barrel and bayonet lug. Bayonets aren't of much use in acutal combat, but for crowd control they are amazing. Not many people are willing to impale themselves, so moving crowds around is quite a bit easier with a bayonet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.