Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the 590S? It is apparently able to cycle 1.75", 2.75" & 3.00" shells interchangeably.

If it works well, I wonder if this new design is able to be retrofitted into previous 590 models. Does anyone know?

Reactions: Unicoi

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts

Thank you, 00 Del, for such good news. Cycling any combination of 1.75″, 2.75″, or 3″ shells is a major, major development. It might be meaningless to hunters or to sports shooters, but it will be a big deal to us in the Basement. A seamless one-piece magazine tube can hold eight 2.75" 00 buckshot shells or 13 1.75" 00 buckshot shells. Or slugs! But never, never birdshot, right, 00 Del?

I will try to call Mossberg tomorrow, congratulate them on the 590S, and ask if they can sell the new elevator, bolt slide, and bumper as parts. My guess, no... Good luck, sir.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Has anyone tried the 590S? It is apparently able to cycle 1.75", 2.75" & 3.00" shells interchangeably.

If it works well, I wonder if this new design is able to be retrofitted into previous 590 models. Does anyone know?

There are mini-shell adapters.

Opsol Mossberg 500/590 Mini Clip Minishell Adapter

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
I just spoke with John in the Mossberg Customer Service Center. I asked if he would please pass along our congratulations to the engineers who designed the bolt, bumper, and elevator of the new 590S series. John said that he knows those engineers and he promised that he would tell them.

Then I said that several of us would like to know, Will Mossberg ever sell the bolt, bumper, and elevator as parts? John said that he does not know about "ever" but No, not anytime soon. I asked if Not soon meant five years, one year, and John said, Not for a few years. Anyway, that was my best shot. I would upgrade a dozen riot guns if I could.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.