Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday,

I've been looking at the Mossberg 835 and the Benelli Nova.

Want to do all types of hunting.

1. What do you think is the best one for Reliability?
2. What one for Accuracy?
3. What one for Ease of Use?

THX Yall!

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
We get this question alot, I've got one word:

BENELLI

That gun is light years ahead of the Mossberg for everything you asked about.

Don't get me wrong though, Mossy makes good shotguns but, Benelli makes great shotguns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another one for the Benelli. I just got mine about a month ago, have 500+ rounds through it and not a single malfunction.

It's an awesome, modern gun and I would definetly buy one again.

-Barry-

·
Registered
116 Posts
I own a Mossy 500, Mossy 835, and a Benelli Nova. The Mossy's are good guns, have always been reliable, and didn't cost me a pile of money. The Benelli is a GREAT gun, and cost me about what I paid for both the Mossy's combined.

If your budget is small, go with the Mossy's, they'll do the job reliably.

If your budget is bigger, go with the Benelli, it's for sure a step up from the Mossy's in both smoothness of function and ergonomics.

You get what you pay for IMHO...

Regards,

·
Registered
23 Posts
$279.99 for a Nova at Galian's in Frisco, TX. Dunno about the price of a Mossy but I've put about 2000 rounds through a Nova and I have yet to find something to whine about. Some people think the pump is a little fat but I think it's just fine.

Glenn

·
Registered
185 Posts
Didja see that price recently??? It was at $300 at the Galyan's near me...if they have lowered the price to that I may have to tell them they need to beat THEIR OWN PRICE IN TEXAS...thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
23 Posts
Last Monday, 08/11/03, recent enough? :lol: :p

214-618-0200 if you want to check on it.

Glenn

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe you...I may be making a trip to MY local Galyan's...they can check their own Texas store for comparison...don't they give 10% back on the difference when they match prices???
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, beating their own prices...haaaaa.
Bill
Thanks, by the way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No sweat! Glad to help if I can.

Glenn 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nova by far it's like asking if a Hummer is better than a Jeep lol. One is so much more advanced than the other that they really are in dfferent ballparks. I have had no problems at all with my nova and it has sooooo many more advanced features than the mossy. Look at the Ben web page. When you put in the mercury recoil reducer, 3 1/2 shells are not too bad and 3 are cake. Take it out for upland and 2 3/4 shells and it is light and manageable - swings nice. I do doubles both piggyback and not with no problem. And this is coming from a traditionalist lol. I shoot and make longbows, and fish and make custom bamboo flyrods hehe - that is the only thng that erkes me about Nova is the lack of wood and sexy lines but, the 870 or mossy is not pretty either. Hell, lets jut all get s x s's lol good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts