Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Anyone have any comments on the Mossberg 9200 autoloader? My local Wal mart just started carrying them, even though thier discontinued, at a really high price. What would be a reasonable price for one ?Chad_E

·
Registered
13 Posts
These are from different websites that I have found. The qoutes here are from each webpage listed below it. I've found that the location will tell a difference of at least 50 dollars at times. Since I live in the middle of the sagebrush in Eastern Oregon, I can't really relate from store to store. "I have a mossberg 9200 auto for sale. It has only been shot about 10-15 shots. It has a walnut finish with black barrel, gold trigger, 2 3/4 and 3 in chamber. I am asking $300" Location: MissourriWebsite Found At: www.mosportsmen.com/bboar...p?tid=1681"No. 1157 Mossberg 9200 12GA. 3" 28" Blued/Walnut Accu-Choke Like New $449.95 List $574.00No. 0896 Mossberg 9200 12GA. 3" 28" Camo/Camo Accu-Choke $379.95 List $556.00"Location: Illinois (both guns under Autos category)Website Found At:www.exnerssportsmansparad...54217.htmlThis Site has 4 Mossberg 9200's. unfortunately it doesn't say the condition of them. It does have a phone number thoughwww.mvgun.com/gun/uslgun.htmLocation: IllinoisIf you need more, just let me know and I can find others for you, especially for your area. Darryn When women hold off from marrying men, we call it independence. When men hold off from marrying women, we call it fear of commitment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chad_E,I used to own a 9200 in Mossberg's camo pattern and a 24" barrel (turkey special) and I loved it. I got scared when Mossberg stopped production of this model, for fear that if I ever needed parts for it that there wouldn't be an availability.However, it was a great performing shotgun. It tended to be a little sensitive to reloads, if you didn't get the brass resized all the way down. Otherwise, it patterned great with all loads.I paid around $325 for it, new.Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.I wonder why Mossberg discontinued it..My local Wal Mart has the 28" blued, wood stock version (dont know what kind of wood, looks like my mossy 500..) for $468. Seemed a bit high for a discontinued model..They probably bought up all the surplus 9200's they could find for cheap, and figure someone will pay that much..

G

·
chad e said:
Hi there, Anyone have any comments on the Mossberg 9200 autoloader? My local Wal mart just started carrying them, even though thier discontinued, at a really high price. What would be a reasonable price for one ?Chad_E
My wifes Mossberg 9200 is great. Never had a stovepipe or malfuntion in two years using soft 7500 PSI reloads. Shoots trap with it, purchased a longer barrel from a guy somewhere in mid west. He bought out Mossberg overstock. Call Mossberg in Conn and they will give you this guys name. If not, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will check shipping container for his name and addy. I wanted to buy wife a BT-99 but she prefers her Mossberg 9200. Nice little gun. Good Luck :D Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chad_E,

That does seem to be a bit high, although they did originally come with a lifetime warranty.

I bought mine used (and abused), so I got a good deal on it. I haven't shot it a lot, but so far I am quite pleased with it. She feeds and ejects 2 3/4" factory field loads nicely; I haven't tried anything else yet.

The wood-stocked guns are walnut.
Supposedly, they were only made 1996-'98, but there does seem to be a lot of "new" ones showing up.

See if they'll knock $100 off the price. That would be sweet! :D

G

·
does anyone know where i can buy a rifled slug barrel with rifle sights for a m9200 in blue? thanks

G

·
I own a Mossberg 9200 with a 24" slug barrel and I love it. Feeds nicely with slug ammo. Am trying to convert this gun to and all purpose scatter gun, but cant find any replacement barrels for it. If you have the option to buy a two barrel combo, do it; otherwise, you may not find a replacement.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
We've had other discussions on the 9200 model before. If you're really interested do a search on '9200' using the search icon at the top of any page. The consensus was that it was a really good autoloader. I think we found out that Mossberg couldn't import them at a low enough to price to justify the profit margins.
regards,
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I once had a Mossberg 9200 Viking... I bought it from the Gunbroker auction website for $205.00. The gun was like new and is probably the best deal I've ever gotten on a firearm. I ran about 100 rounds through it and it shot fine with all shells except some lighter 2-3/4, 7/8's loads. I dismissed this problem over this gun probably needed being broken in more. Overall I was impressed with this gun although I would not pay over $300.00 since it is discontinued and it is a Mossberg/Shooter. I see them every now and then for under 300.00 in excellent to new shape on auctionarms.com, gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com. I've noticed that many gunshops and super stores are asking way to much for this firearm... Some as high as 400+ which in my mind is way too much. Keep an eye open and one can find a 9200 for a decent price. Good luck!

G

·
keith a said:
I own a Mossberg 9200 with a 24" slug barrel and I love it. Feeds nicely with slug ammo. Am trying to convert this gun to and all purpose scatter gun, but cant find any replacement barrels for it. If you have the option to buy a two barrel combo, do it; otherwise, you may not find a replacement.
i also have a 9200 and love it also i have a 28" barrel which i don't use because i bought a 24" barrel about 6 years ago from mossberg.

G

·
I bought a 9200 about a month ago and have shot it tons and I like it alot. It has not had any problems with it and I love the feel.

Jonathan

G

·
i have a mossberg 9200 regal and its a great autoloader, over the years of having i have dropped well over a 1000 pheasant and partridge in the woods and open field. the shot pattern at long distance is excellent and feed is good with the right ammo the only porblem i ever had was when i bought winchester ammo, upon the first shot the case locked in the barrel, thinking a fluek i extracted the spent case and fired another round, same thing, upon inspection the case was locking in the breach when fired and the extractor tore the brass, solution! switch to another brand ammo, works great and never looked back on the winchester ammo again. called winchester and mossberg about the happening, mossberg was helpful and we talked in detail about the ammo and what was happening in the shotgun. winchester did'nt ever send me a ups pickup for the box of shells to test and i've never purchased their products since!

G

·
I'vw owned a 9200 for about four years now and it's by far the worst autoloader i've ever owned. It jams constantly. It's been to the gunsmith several times and nothing has changed!

G

·
Anonymous said:
I'vw owned a 9200 for about four years now and it's by far the worst autoloader i've ever owned. It jams constantly. It's been to the gunsmith several times and nothing has changed!
Get a new gunsmith. I love my 9200. No problems. It is an excellent shooter :D

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I've had no problems with my 9200 and I think that they are a great semi for the price.

Jonathan

G

·
I had a 9200 given to me because it was too much work to keep it running smoothly. If it isn't cleaned every 50 rounds it starts jamming with out a doubt. Also I have had problems with the forend splitting. If you get one, get and extra stock and forend before you can't find them. www. cdnninvestments.com carries the syn. for 14.99 and walnut for 29.99. Does anyone know where you can get a rifled barrel for one?

Titewad

G

·
Numrich lists a 24" rifled slug barrel 165.35 (sold out)

I have a 9200 cantilever slug I will let go for 200.00

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.