Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to pass along a great deal that is going on through Nov 17 at Dick's.

This package is a Mossberg 930 Field / Deer combo, it comes with a 26" Vent-ribbed field barrel with 3 chokes, a 24" Rifled Bore barrel with the canilever scope base, two stocks, a standard stock for the field barrel and a Monte Carlo stock for the scoped barrel, it also includes a 2.5 x 20 shotgun scope, plus tools to change the stock...

All of this for $399.98!!!

http://www.shoplocal.com/bpd-sid2486166 ... d-99270.fp

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Do you believe that this gun is of the same quality as the 930s we own? It doesn't seem possible for them to sell this gun this cheap and have the same quality?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's an internet myth...

They only make one type of 930..... If I didn't just buy a slug barrel, I'd probably buy another one!! I might anyway, my father-in-law likes shooting mine, it'd be nice to have a spare.....must resist..... :D :lol: :D :lol:

Smitty

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
whats the stock number (dicks) i might try to find it here but in our advertizement it doesnt show up, just the 935 on sale for 499

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went by Dick's at lunchtime, they had two of these out in front, the model# on the tag read 85233....I asked if they had more in stock and he said, "Plenty"...

As far as quality goes, there was no difference that I could see between these shotguns and my 930SPX, the receiver & stock are identical to mine the barrels were different lengths. The receiver is "drilled and tapped". They looked good....

Smitty

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
no go here in n.c . i was working in christiansburg va today and saw a dicks and stopped in, nope. said its nat avalable in all areas

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went by Dick's tonight, they had a 930 SPX on the shelf and this 2-barrel / 2-stock special for $469.99, regular price $499.99. I wonder if they'll be under $400 ever again???

Smitty

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i have yet to see a walnut 930 in a dicks store :evil: id buy one right now if they had one. said they could order the combo for 480 but i want to feel it. see if it fits.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Smitty in CT said:
I went by Dick's tonight, they had a 930 SPX on the shelf and this 2-barrel / 2-stock special for $469.99, regular price $499.99. I wonder if they'll be under $400 ever again???
I bought the two barrel combo from Dick's in Middletown, NY in November, after reading your original post. When I went there the combo was on sale for 469.99. I asked them if they will sell it for 399.98, as advertised on their website. They sold it to me for 399.98.
Sometimes all you have to do is ask... :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts