Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy one or both from the same seller. Both are unfired as NIB guns. They are both about the same price..let me explain...He had purchased the SPR453 for his son, who ultimately decided to purchase his own gun. He won the 935 at some waterfowl banquet last year in a drawing. He wants $350 for either or $650 for both. The SPR is matte black / sunthetic. The 935 is Max 4 camo/synthetic.

If only buying one of these, which should I choose for reliability in the waterfowl world?

OR, should i just buy both figure it out on my own and then try to sell the one i choose not to keep?

Thanks for any input or advice ....especially from those that own/have owned one or both.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The $350 price seems a little high for me, Dick's constantly runs "specials" for $399 for the 935... Even if it is NIB condition, it's still a "used" gun...$300 would be more tempting... The 935 is designed for 3" & 3-1/2" shells, most folks that have them say that they will shoot "high-brass" 2-3/4" shells, but most 1 oz traget loads don't cycle reliably... I have the 930, which was designed from the 935 and it has been very reliable...

I don't have an SPR-453 and I hear a lot of people bash the SPR, but, it's mostly from folks that don't have them... From searching here and elswhere they seem to be very reliable and "built like tanks", again $350 seems a little high for a "used" version of this gun as well. See if he will go $300 each or $550 for both, if not, I would let these pass (if it were my money)

Smitty

·
Registered
93 Posts
I own both the 935 is not as rugged as the mp153/453 as a matter of fact the 935 is in the shop way to much plastic in the gas system.Ive been waiting 6 weeks still no 935 any way imo buy the 153/453 mine shoots everything no prob all on the same gas setting.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No doubt hands down the spr 453 is the better gun. All essential moving parts are made of metal and the synthetic stock is "bulletproof". The only complaint is that the finish sucks but for $5 you can fix that with bake on automotive paint(it really make the gun look like it cost twice what it does). :AU

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.