Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old coast to coast stores shotgun but the demensions, for the most part, are identical to the mossberg 500. Im having trouble taking off the forend, it seems to be that there is a fixed ring of some sort around the magazine tube and under the forend, blocking it from being removed... there's got to be a simple way around this that I'm just not seeing right now. If anybody knows what I'm talking about I could use your advise because, against my fathers persistant warnings, I'm about to start forcing things! :?
Thanks
-Dev

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
DevLcL,

That ring you are referring to is threaded. Find a tool to unscrew it and the forend will come right off. I have done it many times. Good fortune to you and let me know if you have any problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might be thinking of the ring at the end that holds the forearm furniture to the actual forearm itself? I've already take this part off and now the metal 'bones' of the forearm still remain, there is no gap of any sort to get any tools in there, its under the forearm fixed to the magazine tube itself. So even if your right and you are supposed to unscrew it, I can't even see it to begin unscrewing...

-Dev

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think you are referring to the cartridge stop bars. Has you taken them loose from the receiver? Or are you trying to get the bars off of the wood? I think you are trying to take the wood off from the mag tube .... you took the big nut on the end off and it still wont come off. correct? Now you have to take the bars out of the receiver

·
Registered
299 Posts
If it's in fact a Mossberg 500, the forearm assembly should come off the magazine tube once the action slide and cartridge- stop- and -interruptor bars have been removed from the action and the barrel has been taken off.

BG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts