Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think you're poking on the wrong pin. There is only one pin that holds the trigger group in on a 500, and it's the smaller one with the dimple in it. The larger ones (farther away from the actual trigger) are the two pivots for the elevator. Once the trigger assembly and bolt are removed, you press those pivots in and the elevator folds in like a taco so that you can remove it. When you remove the smaller pin, lift the rear of the assembly out first. The front edge has two fragile tabs that slide into slots that are machined into the receiver. If you're rough with them they'll snap off, and you'll have to replace the trigger assembly. If you DO break it, I believe you can replace it with the trigger assembly from a 590. It's made of metal instead of composite, and should be less likely to break. The whole assembly retails for less than 100 bucks, but since I only paid 150 for my entire shotgun, that's a big chunk of change!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.