Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across a mossberg model9200 auto and had problems.mines stoped loading the 2nd cartridge, it brings it up to the chamber but doesnt close fully and i end up having to manualy close the action.any suggest.ive cleaned it and had it apart but i aint no gunsmith n cant see much wrong!!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I bought one as a throw down duck gun for $170.00 a few years ago. My gun did the same thing.

The way I fixed it was by bending(ever so slightly) the shell guide tab that is found on the right side of the follower inward until the shell would line up with the chamber.

I had to bend it a few times until I got it just right. Since then I've shot about 200 rounds through the gun without a single jam.

I just rmembered to ask, does the shell line up with the chamber but the bolt just doesn't close all the way or is the shell hitting the edge of the barrel because it isn't lined up with the chamber?

Copterdrvr

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
it's a common problem with the gun - especially the 18" "jungle gun" version. a friend of mine has been working on his. the last time i talked to him, he was talking about polishing the chamber among other things in an attempt to make it more reliable. the next time i see him, i'll find out if he's had any success.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just started having cycling issues on my 9200 (bought new the 1st year Mossberg introduced it) so I emailed these folks yesterday. They handle all 9200 parts. http://www.havlinsales.com/

Their recommendation was to check all the rings (inner/outter piston, forward seal, o-ring) and make sure they are SQUEAKY clean. Replace all rings at the same time, not just one.

Email your problem to Vic or Cheryl Havlin and they'll be able to give you some insite on whats happening. I highly recommend them. I'll be placing my order with them today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.