Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in the Mossberg 930 autoloader deer/field combo w/ 3", and the Mossberg 935 autoloader deer/turkey combo w/ 3 1/2. Looking for opinions, is the 935 worth the extra money or even necessary. To be used for deer, turkey hunting, possibly other birds, and clay/trap shooting. Thanks

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The only reason that I would suggest a 935 over a 930 would be if it's primary use was going to be geese and high-pass duck shooting, other than that the Mossberg 930 is, feature for feature & dollar for dollar the best gas operated autoloader on the market today!! Since you mentioned clay and trap shooting, the 935 will not reliably cycle 2-3/4 1oz target loads. the 930 will handle the lightest stuff that you can feed into the gun right out of the box...

Smitty

·
Registered
921 Posts
If you are going to use your mossberg semi auto for clays and will be shooting light loads your going to have to get the 930. It will reliably cycle those loads while the 935 wont. You wont really need the 3 1/2 shell anyway. I like to have it but it isnt a necessity. I would go for the 835 if you really need the 3 1/2 shell because it will cycle any load.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts