Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys: I already have a Rem 870 with 20 inch barrel and rifle sights, and am considering an additional Rem 11-87 which also has 20 in. barrel and rifle sights. I'm just wondering if anybody can recommend the most accurate brand/manufacturer of 12 ga slugs? I'm not going to use these for hunting, just for tactical defense if ever needed.

I have never fired slugs from the 870 yet, but from your experiences, what size spread on a 3 shot group should I expect from a bench at like 100 yds, with good slugs? Any suggestions? :?

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Lockbar,
I use mine for strictly hunting but in a rifled barrel, with a scope I've gotten groups as small as 3" from Remington Premier Corelokt and Winchester Supreme Partition Gold slugs. A word of caution, these are monsters for recoil. Both launch 385 grain slugs near 1900 FPS.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Lockbar,

I use Remington Reduced Recoil Rifled slugs in my Mossberg 590A1. Great shells with very manageable recoil, and they'll still put a thumb-sized hole in your point of aim.

Not very expensive, either... which means you can get in a lot of practice with them at the range...

The Remington catalog number is RR12RS1.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got some Winchester rifled slugs today and shot em off. They are 1600fps and using my bead sights on my Mossy I hit everything that I was aiming at although I was a lot closer than 100 yds......Maybe 30-40 yds.

$1.98 for 5 shells at Wallmart.

They do kick a little though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts