Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,951 Posts
Jack Nicholson shovin' it in his drawers at full cock.
Actors and filmakers should be limited to plastic guns with orange muzzles, they do us no credit!
Wanna see bad gun handling? Go to the movies or watch TV.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
I kinda like Arnold's M1887 10 gauge shotgun with the large loop in Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heelerman said:
Jack Nicholson shovin' it in his drawers at full cock.
Actors and filmakers should be limited to plastic guns with orange muzzles, they do us no credit!
Wanna see bad gun handling? Go to the movies or watch TV.
The joker kills people for fun and wreaks havoc across Gotham for entertainment. He's not exactly a role model for gun safety to begin with. :lol:

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Something haywire about that picture. The trigger doesn't look far enough aft for the hammer to be at full cock.

Hollywood doesn't have a clue. Even John Wayne sweeps people on a regular basis.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
So that Joker scene from the original Tim Burton Batman movie is when the Joker shoots down the Batwing with that comically long revolver. Now for the real question. Being that the gun is .38 Special, how many +Ps would have to be added to the load for it to shoot down the Batwing in real life? ;)

·
Premium Member
19,951 Posts
Is that before or after firing eleven shots form his six shooter?
I think In a B western once, was it Roy? I counted fourteen shots.
I well remember thinking to my fourteen year old self, "I gots ta get me on o those!"

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
You know, I can easily deal with the Hollywood revolvers with the endless cylinders, but the one thing that I can NEVER get over is the fake sound they give to suppressed guns. I swear to me that's like nails on a chalkboard.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I always liked the .44 semi-auto Clint Eastwood used in several Dirty Harry movies. A little big for me, but I always liked there looks. The .44 became very popular during the 70's due to the popularity of the Dirty Harry series. It was the first pistol I ever fired and I was actually pretty accurate with it.
Worst movie gun, James Bonds wimpy PPK.

:wink:

322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maser said:
I kinda like Arnold's M1887 10 gauge shotgun with the large loop in Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
I shot one a few years ago. The action is stubborn as a mule. If it weren't for the fact that in the movie a superhuman strength cyborg is doing it, I would call 100% BS on the one handed twirl maneuver Arnold does while riding the motorcycle.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Mini-gun from the movie "Predator" was multi purpose. Good for taking out a small opposing army or for clear cutting small swaths of rainforest. :)

322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
duckqwacker said:
Mini-gun from the movie "Predator" was multi purpose. Good for taking out a small opposing army or for clear cutting small swaths of rainforest. :)
That scene was bad*ss. What they don't tell you is that the M134 minigun uses electrical power to spin the barrels, so unless Mac was carrying a small generator on him, there was a whole lot of phoney balogna going on there. I read somewhere they used a hidden electrical wire to make it spin.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
The batteries that power a minigun don't seem to be all that bulky to be portable. The ammo container on the other hand..........well not so much.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
On a bit different note, I remember a mid '60's movie, "Texas across the River", with Dean Martin and Joey Bishop, among others. It's a Western satire/comedy that actually used more or less correct guns for the period it was set in, around 1845 (before Texas became a State). Cap and ball revolvers, muzzle loading rifles. I was expecting to see model 94 Winchesters :) .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts