Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's show off what we look like. I'll start with a pic I took about an hour ago sporting my new wig.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ezra Smack said:
You don't think that the BATF is monitoring this forum? Your picture just made "the list".
My wig may be hard on the eyes, but I seriously doubt the ATF would class it as an AOW. Just sayin.... :wink:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Here's a shot of me after being up all night fishing. Swollen eyes, mud on my face and clothes. I've never done my hair and tried to look pretty for a photo.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
driller said:
All night and only one carp ????
That's all I brought home anyway. Me and my friend who was home on military leave fished that night. We caught some small catfish, a couple turtles, and all kinds of fish we call red eyes.

I caught that carp on eight pound line. I got it up to the bank and had my friend hold the pole. We didn't have a net so I tackled the thing in the edge of the water. That's how I got so muddy.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That was very mean of you Joe to harm that poor carp. It could have been a poor little boy's goldfish! :(

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
fishinpolejoe said:
Here's a shot of me after being up all night fishing. Swollen eyes, mud on my face and clothes. I've never done my hair and tried to look pretty for a photo.
Nice carp, Joe, and you do not look bad either. BTW, how do you rate carp as food? It is not popular in the UK but quite popular in Eastern Europe and Asia. Back home in India, it is probably the most eaten fish. I am not really particular about eating fish but I do not find it particularly bad.

The vilest fish related experiences are canned tuna, boiled catfish and fish jerky. :wink:

Best-
Vikram

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
vikram said:
BTW, how do you rate carp as food?
I've never tried it. My friend said he wanted to eat this one so I cleaned it for him. I gave him the meat and he put it in a freezer and that was the last I saw of it.

Honestly, I think it would be okay if you like that sort of fish, meaning fish with dark red meat like salmon. Not me, no sir. I can't get past the smell of salmon, canned tuna, sardines, or any other fish that has a strong odor.

That was my first time catching a carp. It was one of the biggest fish I ever caught so I was pretty excited about it. I intend to release the next one though. I rarely bring home any fish from fishing trips unless I get a decent sized catfish or two. I've never boiled a catfish but they sure are tasty breaded and fried.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
In memory of Tom Knapp a year or so before he passed away. That is my mugshot beside of Tom:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
The Management took this snap of me at a Game Fair a couple of years ago. She was laughing at the time, but I never knew why.

Eug

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.