Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am going to buy the 310S this week and give trap shooting a try. Have talked to folks at the R&G Club but would like some more opinions as to what loads to use and what chokes in which bbs. Has anyone had really bad patterns withe theirs?
Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Personally, I have had very inconsistent patterns with the factory choke tubes. I would recommend purchasing Trulock tubes for this gun. I bought them for my Baikals (and other guns as well) and they significantly improve pattern/performance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I use my mod choke on the lower barrel for trap from the 16 yard line. If I was further back I would consider using the full choke. I usually buy the cheap federal target shells that are on sale now and then at Gander Mtn.

Now that said I have not patterned my gun and I should, as should you. Then and only then will you know what is really happening and you may decide like KT13 that different choke tubes are necessary.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really appreciate both of your comments as they are exactly the info I was seeking. I should have my gun in about a week and am really looking forward to learn the sport. Thanks again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have shot Trap with my Baikal 12ga IZH27 Sporting using the Full choke that came with the gun. Have done fairly well for a new Trap shooter. I just received my Trulock Improved Modified choke to use for Trap. Going to put it in my IZH18 12ga Sporting single barrel Trap gun, and see how that works. I, normally, shoot Win AA's, 1 1/8oz of 7 1/2 shot for Trap. From what I've read, they burn cleaner than the cheap shells, and are more consistent. I can't say from experience though. I've always shot Win AA's since 1969. Don't see any reason to change now. I, also, shoot Win AA 1 1/8 9shot for Skeet in the 12ga, and Win AA 1oz 9 shot for Skeet with the 20ga.

I also picked up a Skeet and Skeet2 choke from Trulock for my IZH27 Sporting when I want to shoot 12ga Skeet. I have been shooting my 20ga IZH27 for Skeet recently. It has the Trulock Skeet and Skeet2 chokes as well.

Good luck with your new gun. I'm sure you will enjoy it as I enjoy my Baikals. I've not had any problems despite the negative comments you might get about them from others.

Otto...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts