Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well next week i'll be leaving for iowa for some pheasant hunting with my 502. it IS the reason i bought an O/U and i am really looking forward to it. it is a late season hunt so i'll be packing #6's or #5's and i'll use my imp. cyl & imp mod chokes. i don't have a mod or i would use the mod & imp mod. i do however have a xtra full but think a imp mod/ xtra full combo would be too much. i'll post some pics after the hunt.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Gl and remember shoot were they are going, not were they are at :!: :!: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

I think you are making the right choice on the chokes too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice pictures,

I get to go pheasant hunting next month. First time for me and I can't wait! I have a LX-692G in 12ga. Would Mod and Imp. Mod work for me too? What shot recommendations so I can get some and pattern the chokes? I have all five of the Verona chokes and a set of Brileys in SK/SK, but I know that's probably a bit open.

The AZ Game & Fish is putting on their annual Jr. Pheasant hunt over two weekends in January and as a Hunter Ed. Instructor, I get to hunt and take two pheasants, over provided dogs, just for spending a nice weekend outside helping the kids with their hunt.

Since I still can't do a lot of hard hiking, I get to play armorer and check out the loaner guns to the kids and parents. And their gonna put me up and feed me too, and that's no small chore! LOL.

Safe trails,
CKid

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea it is, my buddy just bought it back in Oct. all the others at the store looked just as dark. that gun is about a pound heavier than the verona. well atleast it feels that way, it is definantly heavier. C Kid, it depends on how far away those birds will be busting on ya. these where wild birds and educated at that too. it was hard to get up close this late in the season and to tell the truth the third day i should have gone to imp. mod / full. as they were busting us real early. i was shooting copper plated #5's and the other guy was shooting #4's. (both 2 3/4" loads)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nice Pictures!! I really miss pheasant hunting. Down here in South Teaxs all we have is dove and quail. I'm trying to set something up with a few guys here at work to go pheasant hunting in North Texas next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.