Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me say I am sorry in advance for the length of this post, but just had to tell someone of my good fortune buying a gun. I am new to sporting clays and decided I needed to upgrade from an old Remington pump to something which would at least give me a sporting chance at hitting doubles. I decided on a Semi automatic. I happened to be in Charleston SC for the weekend and ended up near a Dick's. Convinced my wife to stop for a few minutes. Loved the Baretta 391 Sporting but it was $1100. A little steep for me I thought. Went home and started looking for a used one locally. No luck, only one I could find was $925 which I didn't think was enough of a bargain. So I bit the bullet and called around looking for a good price on a new Baretta. Dicks' in Columbia had some for $999 so I was off to buy one. Found one I liked with 28" barrel, and told the clerk, I wanted to buy it. After checking he came back and said the one on display was the last one he had, but I could have it for 10% off, or $900. It didn't have a scratch on it, so I was thrilled. The clerk accompianed me to the register where I noticed the box for the gun had an old $899 price tag. I pointed it out and the clerk said he would sell it for 10% less than $899. So this gun ended up costing me $810. Couldn't believe my luck. Just hoping that it will be as lucky for me on the course.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts