Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I bought my 2000 last spring and have finally been able to get out and shoot it a bit. Today was my first time trying trap and skeet (I think I like skeet better than trap). Anyway, I had shot it 3 times earlier in the spring with some turkey loads and it nearly killed my shoulder. Last week i installed the limbsaver pad, what a difference. I went through 75 shells today, and i can honestly say that my cheek feels more sore than my shoulder does. :D Never jamed once, functioned great. Overall i'm happy with today's events.

Aaryn

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you have the camo synthetic stock, add a few ounces of weight in a ziplock or latex glove, then fill the rest of the stock with packing styrofoam. Stops the check smack because of the light weight stock.

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
A roll of pennies works great. Stuff some shipping peanuts around it.

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Hey, good thinking.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I filled my stock with 2 rolls of quarters wrapped in a old t shirt, I'm not a big spender but if I leave my wallet home I can still buy some lunch after the shoot. :lol:

·
Registered
138 Posts
se2884 said:
I filled my stock with 2 rolls of quarters wrapped in a old t shirt, I'm not a big spender but if I leave my wallet home I can still buy some lunch after the shoot. :lol:
Now thats a good idea!

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Great idea! Two rolls of quarters beats a roll of pennies.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just shot two rounds of Trap doubles with a new M2000 wood stock. Cycled every round. Thorough cleaning before going to the range, added a limbsaver, Tom Knapp fiber optic sights, Briley LF (in the choke case already) and roll of nickels to the stock. May need to bump up to a roll of quarters, has a slight stock rise on the recoil. Used a box of Remington Dove loads and a box of Remington Game Loads. The Dove loads were alot better than the Game Loads with performance on breaking clays!

This one was sitting around a Dick's Sporting Goods for a long dusty rest, all in around $500 for a nice shooting shotgun. Light gun, trigger is good, acceptable felt recoil with heavy target loads and moves fast.

Had a synthetic stock version earlier that I sold to a buddy for his daughter-in-law, that was a good shooting shotgun too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts