Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me... :lol:

The pawn shop was having a 25% off sale...

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Man that thing is liable to get meat on both ends. :wink:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't run 10 straight with my 870... :cry: So, if you are an enemy the size and speed of a clay pidgeon, you should be safe if there are enough of you... :lol:

========================

.45 Colts that I loaded up had little recoil, but I've got to work up to a load for them. No problems there.

2.5" .410 shells weren't much either.

3" .410 shells were a handful. Need to wear gloves to shoot them or the trigger "housing" bites my finger.

I flipped an empty 2 liter pop bottle on the ground at the range, as far as I could flip it, and hit it with the shotshells.

The trigger pull is remarkable. The safety operation is quite annoying.

=========================
=========================

Update 1 January 2006

Haven't tried to pattern it yet. Loaded up some light .45LC. Shot some of them, and some shotshells.

I was shooting shotshells, and was expecting 2.5" with 7.5 shot. NOT the 3" with 5 000 Buck that got mixed in with them. I felt that one more... :lol:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I saw one of these at a gun show a year or 2 back. Was a side by side version of the same gun with 16 1/2 inch barrel and a folding stock. Wish I had bought it for $125 bucks. good for snakes (Mr. Cotton mouth).

Yours looks to be a single barrel. Just to humor us, what did you pay for it?

APEXDUCK

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a double barrel SxS... 3 7/8" barrel.

The pawn shop was having a 25% off everything sale, so it was $99. A couple weeks later, I went into a gun store and saw one for $149. I need to get over to the other pawn shop and check on the long barrel one to see how much it is for comparison.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How is the pictured gun legal? Not saying it shouldn't be, but I thought handguns firing shotgun ammo were banned. Is the .410 an exception?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's legal because it's chambered for .45 Long Colt. It also has .45LC stamped on the side of the barrel. It's just that the chamber has been lengthened to take .410s. I think that as part of that process, .410s are unreliable. .45s go off every time, but .410s don't always go off.

It also has a rifled barrel, making it a pistol.

Not sure if the Bond Arms derringer or the Thompson Contender have the same problem, but don't think they do...

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Have you killed anything with it?

BT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.