Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it this morning. $169.99 plus tax. 2.36" bore. What? Oh, did I mention it is a spotting scope. Winchester name but made my Vanguard. 15-45x60. Har Har.

·
Registered
101 Posts
15-45x60...are you going to be hunting at night or what? why would you ever need that much zoom? I'm confused Pumper...is this a shotgun??

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a spotting scope as opposed to a gun scope. I have it on a nice, light takedown tripod. I will be using it for conservation research.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The store where I bought mine had the 50mm model on sale for that price, is that th one you bought? Cabela's tries to sell the 60mm model for $190 last I checked.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. I have somewhat of a fetish for optics, I think I have about a half dozen pairs of binocs at the moment. I checked the quality quite a bit before I bought it. If one knows where to look, one can buy a store brand or licensed version of a name brand for the same price as the made in taiwan crap. My $50 Gander Mountain Brand 10x50s are the same as a $200 pair of Pentax (I think, it has been a while since I looked it up) minus the nitrogen purging.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good.... I can pick on you later If I need a quality pair at the right price. I have 3 pair. Simmons, Bushnell, the like from Wally-world. I just don't have a need to spend $$$ on binocs yet or so I think... :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.