Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and i just got one of his guns out of storage and were interested in the value of the shotgun. It is a double-barrelled hammerless gun manufactured by Davis-Warner. It'm sure it was manufactured between 1917 and 1921, as all information on this maker suggests that the company N.R. Davis & sons (which appears on the barrel) was merged with Werner in 1917, but the merger dissolved by 1921 to the Crescent company (?). The serial number on this particular gun is #3005. Any help would be so appreciated!! :D

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I've got two sources claiming that Crescent took over Davis Warner in either 1929 or 30 but that's always been open to debate.

Would you like to provide info on the gun like ***** or model? Davis Warner guns aren't vey valuable , most run $300 for an excellent 12 ga. specimen but there are premiums involved for different ga's and some models are more valuable, some less.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi:

I too have an NR Davis side by side. 12 *****.
My question to you is this. Just at the end of the magnum chamber on the barrells (about 3 inches up) It appears that the barrell has been cut off and another put on. There is a line and a knurl mark going all the way around the barrells. Doeas yours have the same? Please let me know. I am not sure if I should shoot this gun or not. Thanks you.
Steve in NH

·
Registered
57 Posts
steavepattyg, I just bought & sold a nr davis just last week and mine was the same way.It seems that this is just the way that they were made to the best of my knowledge.you might want to get one more opinion just to be super safe but im sure your gun will be find to shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts