Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend showed me this gun today.

It is a bolt action 20g with a clip.

The receiver says "Ranger 101.2" and near the action there is a "25" with a circle around it.

Any idea:

Who made it?
Approximate age?
Approximate value?

I'm no gun expert, but this is the first bolt action/clip shotgun I've ever seen....

Thanks!!!!

Norm

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
It is a Sears Roebuck Ranger Model 101.2, made by Savage, and essentially the same thing as a Savage Model 238.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks Seamus! So this would likely fall into the $50-$100 category? Sentimental more than anything?

Any idea when it would have been manufactured?

Thanks for the link too, now we know what a new magazine will cost!

G

·
The beauty of the Ranger 101 lies in its versatility. You can pot small game with it in a survival situation, take it along on camping trips for security, use it as a canoe paddle in the spring for trout in your kayak and if your anchor falls off it substitutes nicely for that too. Doubles as backup softball bat, tent pole and car jack handle too.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I couldn't find a listing in the Gun Trader's Guide for the 238, but they list the 258 as being manyfactured from 1937 to 1965. Assuming the 258 improved upon or modified the 238, it probably dates prior to 1937.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.