Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Remington 870 Express Magnum Synthetic 7-shot shotgun. This is a very impressive piece of tactical ordnance for the low price. I want to put a sling on it, but it doesn't come with swing swivel studs.

I therefore need info as to the name & part # of the following Remington parts:

1. The one piece clamp that connects the factory extended mag tube to the barrel (there is one on my gun, but my cousin needs one for his); and

2. The swivel stud that fits in (or fastens to) the hole in the bottom of the aforementioned clamp.

I would also appreciate some advice as to where to order the above parts. Do I have to buy from Remington (at surely inflated prices) or can I order the parts from someone like Brownells; Bass Pro Shop; Cabelas; etc?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, I just got the same shotgun. Want to put sling swivels on it. Took of the recoil pad because I knew the stock was hollow. Good luck getting that swivel to hold in that little bit of thin plastic that is there.

If you make it work, please post back here and tell me how it turned out. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shaggy, you are right about the small amount of plastic available for screwing in a sling swivel post in the factory synthetic stock. I doubt it would hold very well at all and in fact didn't even try it. Rather, I replaced the factory stock with a ATI synthetic pistol gripped full stock that already has the post on it.

The ATI stock looks and feels good on the shotgun, however I must say I am not terribly impressed with the overall quality of the thing. I had to use an extra couple of washers I had in the house just to get the stock tight on the gun (and it still has a bit of play.) Also, I had to take a file to the seams of the stock (where the two halves are joined) in order to smooth them out to avoid scratches to my hand and cheek. I got this stock for free so I will use it, but I definitely would not recommend it to anyone else.

·
Registered
34 Posts
S4B, I own an older 870 Express that I hardly ever use. I took the wood off my old gun and swapped it out for the wood on the Home Defense shotgun. I don't mind using the cheap synthetic stock on the old gun I use to beat around hunting with. I have a sling I can use on it that does not require studs so it's not a big deal. I also switched out the steel trigger in the older gun and put it in the new one. I've basically got a police magnum now.

I can now buy the Uncle Mikes studs and I'm good to go.

I wonder if the speedfeed stocks are as cheap as the Remington factory stock? Thin and hollow?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wilson Combat / Scattergun Technologies makes all of the aftermarket parts you could want for your 870. The basic 870 and 11-87 models are what they use as a basis for all of their guns. Go to the Wilson Combat website. They have sling swivels for the plastic stocks that attach with a locknut on the inside of the stock. All you have to do is drill a small hole through the stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.