Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day is fast nearing when I will run out of IMR 7625 that I bought for 1/2 price at a going out of business sale. I'm looking at using Alliant 20/28 powder. I will be using it in old "AA" CF hulls w/ a 3/4 oz load of shot for quail hunting. Does anyone have a load for this or a source of info they can direct me to? Thanks.
Chris

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curly,
I did a quick scan of Alliant and somehow missed the 20/28 info. Dumb! At least this gives me a ball park idea of what will probably be called for in the way of powder weight. Thanks for all your kind help and maybe DLM has some good info that I can use. His powder supply would probably fill up Tiger stadium at LSU.

·
Administrator
23,672 Posts
fase3 said:
Curly,
I did a quick scan of Alliant and somehow missed the 20/28 info. Dumb! At least this gives me a ball park idea of what will probably be called for in the way of powder weight. Thanks for all your kind help and maybe DLM has some good info that I can use. His powder supply would probably fill up Tiger stadium at LSU.
The first time I looked, I missed it also, so don't feel badly.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Fase3,

To tell the truth, I haven't loaded any 28 ga. CF cases with 20/28, although I will, if for no other reason than to find a good load for those cases.. Fact is I'll have to scrounge some to do the testing. However I may have enough stuck somewhere to do this test.

I have studied the data I have and have determined that I will start with 13.0 grs., and work up if necessary. I will use both Fiocchi and W-209 primers, and will use the PC Blue wad. I'll be shooting for a velocity of 1220 to 1225 FPS.

I'll try to do this early this next week if the weather will let me. Has been raining and cold for 4 days now.

DLM

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DLM,
WE had low 50's weather for a preseve hunt on Fri. Since then 4" of rain and temps inthe upper 60's . Tonight the lower 40's. If you do not like south La. weather just wait 5 min. it will change! So I understand your problem. Any help will be kindly thought of.
Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.