Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you recommend a low priced CA. approved DOJ lock for a shotgun?
Please post urls & prices.

I can not afford a large safe yet so I am buying the lock to pick up a shotgun.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
285 Posts
CA approved (which generally means a cable lock on steriods):
both cable and lock are about 2x the size of the Browning and Beretta cable locks. I was suprised how 'hefty' they are.

Pro-Lock
714-633-0681
655 N Hariton St
Orange, CA 92868

About $7.00--depends upon dealer pricing.

Call them for a dealer near you.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah, that site is for Browning guns, but it lists makers of gun locks. A cable lock from Pro-Lock, Shot Lock, or Sherlock Holmes is going to fit on any gun.
:wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/devices.htm

website lists Pro-Lok GL100C, GL600, GL650 when I select Benelli M1/M3.

Are these the only locks I can buy for a Benelli M1014?

Can I buy the Masterlock Model # 107? It's listed as a CA DOJ approved lock when you search through the lock brands but it's not listed when you search for firearm manufacturer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
oicw, it is my understanding that you can use any 'CA approved' lock on any gun that it will fit.

However, if you are unsure, you should call your FFL dealer (they will be the ones that won't transfer the gun to you if you do not have a 'CA approved' lock-they also are required to certify you had one at the time of transfer) or in this case call Master Lock at 1-800-558-8892, Customer Service.

Be sure to save the sales reciept (describing the lock purchase) and the packaging so you can prove to the dealer you purchased it within 30 days of the gun transfer--requirement of CA law.

Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts