Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an affordable option (preferably o/u, i know theyre more expensive though) for mainly sporting clays but some bird hunting. Let's Keep it under ~$1100 (limits it to pretty much all the base o/u models i think) but let me know what's best. Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
Chuckie,
Have you looked at the Franchi Renascience(I know I'm not spelling this correctly!) 12 Ga.? My local dealer in Ramsey, NJ had them for $999.00 recently in field version! Exceptionally light gun and fit beautifully too!
Just a thought. Hope it helped.
BB

:wink:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
What drsfmd said! Pretty much proven for high volume clay shooting. But, you want to make sure it isn't "shot out" i.e. very loose action. The action lever should point to the right of center too.

Also, look for a heavier field gun or sporting model to help with recoil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys-I have been looking over the older threads about this type of thing. One brand that the local Gun Club recommended for an entry o/u was the 505 from SKB. They had it for a little over a grand (new). How would this compare to finding a used Browning or Beretta? Which of these options would handle the most rounds?

More importantly, how many rounds would you have to put through these guns to start noticing wear? I'm a college student and will be able to make it out to one of the local ranges probably twice a month during the school year and close to every weekend during the summer. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.