Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have misplaced my owner's manual and looked at this one on Beretta's site. The file states: "With a flathead screwdriver pull out retaining clasp of Gel Tek recoil pad.(Fig. 41)"

There is no Figure 41 in the manual. Can anyone tell me how to remove the clasp?

·
Registered
159 Posts
you don't remove it, just slide it out about a quarter inch or so, until it releases from the lugs mounted on the stock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kilowatter said:
you don't remove it, just slide it out about a quarter inch or so, until it releases from the lugs mounted on the stock.
Thanks for the reply. Where should I insert the screwdriver and in which direction should I slide it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The recoil pad is held in place by a huge retaining clip- it looks like a bobbie pin. Take a small flatblade screwdriver and from the bottom of the shotgun pad- pry the clip downward.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
berettashotgun said:
The recoil pad is held in place by a huge retaining clip- it looks like a bobbie pin. Take a small flatblade screwdriver and from the bottom of the shotgun pad- pry the clip downward.
Yep, that is the way you do it......

·
Registered
31 Posts
My manual does show it, but it says changing the stock pad to the gel tek should be done by a gunsmith...Is it that hard?? The bright green doesn't go well with the gun, but I'd like to try it...
Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
My 686 White Onyx Sporting doesn't have a clip, just 2 screws. In fact about ten minutes ago I swithced it out for a Limbsaver. If any body is interested the #10701 prefit is about a 98% fit, which is better than I expected. I've got Burcitus in my shoulder and am trying to tame the recoil a bit. Take note, that part number is for the Sporting model, not the Field.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Calpoly93 said:
My manual does show it, but it says changing the stock pad to the gel tek should be done by a gunsmith...Is it that hard??
If you can turn a screwdriver, I think you can handle it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts