Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
manufacturer located in Batavia, NY circa 1889-1933

Baker Gun and Forging was sold to H.D.Folsom in 1919 , the books I have ar unclear as to whether the Baker Gun Co. came about after that time or whether the W. H.Baker Gun Co stamped their guns like you posted.

What else is on the gun?

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
WOW that is odd, none under the forearm or inside the break? OK then I'm going to go with this bit of info I found.

Baker Gun Company shotguns were made in Belgium for the H & D Folsom Arms Company after 1919. If your gun has no Belgium proof marks on the barrel (E over LG) it would have been made by the Crescent Fire Arms Company.

from what I have gathered, by the time it became the Baker Gun Company , the name was more of a trade name or wholesaler.......

I do know the name does show up on a trade gun listing..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks friend

I don't see the proof mark you mentioned So I guess it was produced by Crescent Fire arms. I would guess from what I've read here given it is a damascus shotgun firing it is out of the question now a days

Gary

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
that would be my guess too, however, there are guys on another forum that have researched a bit on that very subject and are saying if the gun is in good shape and the loads are light it can be done but that really sounds like Russian Roulette to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.