Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy that I work with has a 4000 for sale. It's stock and forearm isn't made like a Mossberg's. It looks to be walnut front and back. The stock has a raised comb on it. I think Pedersen made a trap model ,but don't know how to tell the diference on them. The receiver is engraved nicely and the gun doesn't look to have been fired much. It's coming with 2 barrels. One is a fixed choke(I've not seen it) and the other is a ported 500 barrel with choke tubes.

Any ideas on value?

HWD

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
HWD,

This one sold for between $500 and $600:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=121435

I would guess a used one with two barrels would be $350 - $400 if it was in good shape.

Good luck and keep us posted, and remember if you get it we need pix!!!

Smitty

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smitty,
For some reason the photos don't come up on your link, but thanks just the same. This feller bought the other barrel to work this morning. It's got some really deep blueing on it. A lot better than the Mossy barrel. Turns out it's a 30'' full choke barrel. He's asking $225 for the whole works. Now I've got to decide if I "need" ANOTHER 12 ga pumpgun. If I bought it, I'd have 7 different guns to chose from when going to the range.

Oh well! Better go run this round in my feeble little head for a while...

HWD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.