Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Winchester model 101 o/u 20 Ga. with skeet over skeet barrels, and am having trouble identifying which version I have. It has 26" barrels, engraved (blued) receiver, vent. rib, checkered walnut pistol grip stock, and chambers both 2-3/4 and 3". From a serial number search, the gun was manuf. in 1967. If anyone has any helpful info. to identify this gun, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You have a 101 made in Japan. That is not a bad thing. The company that made it is stamped on the botton of the receiver. The gun is of very high quality and was built to last a lifetime. I have the same gun with over 100 thousand rounds through it. Only two broken firing pins in all these years. I had it made for me in 1967, and it was done in 1968.
Rob.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Rapid Rob ...

I have a 101XTR 20 ga pigeon grade and a 20 ga 23XTR pigeon grade that are superb shooters. They are both fixed M/IC chokes and if I had any desire to make a change I'd have them converted to screw-ins giving a little more flexibility for trap and waterfowl.

[/img]

·
Registered
818 Posts
I too have a Winchester 101 Made In Japan. 30" I think. 20 gauge. I know it's choked mod and full. It is absolutely spotless.

I can't explain it but the mere removal of the 101 from it's case causes birds and clays to fall from the sky ! :lol: It is especially lethal on the skeet range of all places.

For some unknown reason, I can shoot this thing better than anything else I've got, regardless of gauge.

The quail don't stand a chance tommorow.

Have you hugged your shotgun (s) today ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.