Shotgun Forum banner

Need Help on gun selection

1970 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Anonymous
Hi All,

I am new to shotguns and I am planning for an auto loader. I have been looking at Franchi 48AL, Beretta 390/391, Remington 1187 premier, in 20ga. I really like the feel of the Franchi 48 but I have read that it kicks really hard. I am small built and I like a light weight gun. I will use the gun for moslty clay and also upland birds. So many difference views on these guns it is hard to decide without having a chance to test fire. Could please share your experience so I may be able to make up my mind. Thank you. :?:

-uk
1 - 5 of 13 Posts
Thank you all for your input. It really helps me in making a decision on my purchase. I think I should find a way so that I can test fire all these guns before I buy. Thanks again,

- uk
Rollin,

Thank you for the detailed posting. It is very helpful indeed.

- uk
Ulysses,

Thanks again for taking you time to introduce me to the basics of shotguns. I have been shooting mostly .22's and just aquired the interest in shotguns. I have only shot clay once with a 12ga. Rem 870. Got about 25 out of 50, ended up with a terrible shoulder :p

-Uk
Ed, Jim thanks for your posts.

Ed: I see that you are from PA. Did you go to the Cabelas Grand Opening?. I did! What a opening it was. I have never seen a outdoor store like that :shock: . Talk about crowded, could hardly move around! They have good gun selection too. It was worth the three hour drive from MD.

- Uk
1 - 5 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.