Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an old shotgun and i havent been able to find much info on it.
It was made by crescent [learned that on this site while ago].
on one side of the reciever it is stamped central arms co in a fancy scroll sorta way. on the other side it is stamped 94B. this number is stamped on the stock under the buttplate and on the inside of the foregrip. there is also another number on the inside of the buttplate, i have no clue what this or the other number are for. the shotgun is a singlebarrel break action 20 gauge and will fire 2 3/4 inch shells. [yeah stamped on the barrel is 20 gauge 2 3/4"] there is no safety what-so-ever. now i would like all information available. i cant seem to find much of anything on it and would appreciate any help...thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Crescent Fire Arms bought out the failed Bacon Arms works in Norwich,CT in 1888 and produced guns through 1931 under the Crescent and Crescent Davis name. They were famous for making guns for hardware stores,mail order houses and jobbers. The Central Arms logo on your gun is probably one of these outlets. Cresecent guns were plain utilitarian guns that were marketed under,at least, 100 house brand names.

In 1931 Stevens Arms bought the remaining gun parts from Crescent and assembled the last of the guns under their name. In 1932,the city of Norwich took over Crescent for back taxes.

I cannot tell you what the numbers on your gun mean but they are most likely parts,inventory or model numbers. They could be the serial number of the gun,also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im wanting to know if anyone had the schematics or at least knows where to find them, i triede-gunparts and doing a web search but am not having much luck. thanks in advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.