Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on Win. 1400 not ejecting cases. Anyone have any ideas? Is there an adjustment? I have been using 12 ga.Win. Super speed 2 3/4 , 3 1/4 dr, 7/8 oz. 8 shot. I am just shooting clays. Also I am new to this.

· Registered
380 Posts
Other than a good cleaning in the gas system, If your new to this the gun is not so check this first!

Next change your load, your shooting a load designed to be gentle on the shooter ( for o/u sxs single shot pumps), go to an 1oz or 1 1/8 oz this will aid in power require to cycle your action. Nothing is really wrong with the shotgun. Just bump up the charge!

RON KONTOWSKY
ACTIONS BY R.A.K.

· Registered
80 Posts
The main issue here is that you're shooting light loads in a semi-auto - typically not recommended because there isn't enough gas to cycle the gun.

There are many semi's now that offer "lite-load" gas pistons, which actually capture more gas to cycle the round than a standard gas piston.

If your 1400 isn't cycling right, try using a 1 oz load - this is a recommended minimum for semi-autos; OR get your gunsmith to rework the gas system for light loads. I believe their are aftermarket lite-load gas pistons for the 1400.

Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.