Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mossberg 9200 doesn't cycle right. When I shoot any type of load the spent shell will be ejected but the bolt will remain stuck to the rear, a little further back than it should be. I then have to forcibly jam the bolt forward with my hand to cycle the next load.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If that's the "Jungle Gun", clean it up real nice and put it back in it's original box and trade it or sell it to a collector who doesn't care if it works or not....Mossberg had nuthin but trouble with those and couldn't make 'em work right. Sam

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sound as if your bolt is over blowing rearward, locking it self up, to relieve this tension I always hate to say return to the factory but that will be your cheapest option.

SORRY
RON KONTOWSKY
ACTIONS BY R.A.K.
SHOTGUN WORLD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Mossberg 9200 that I had the same trouble with. I traded the gun after I first got it for a new one and it done the same thing. I finally took the gun apart and noticed that the forearm was rubbing on the action hindering it from sliding forward fully. I know that some of the guys reading this will cringe when I tell them how I fixed it, but it worked. I got a router and put a straight groving bit in it and run the router over the inside of the forearm to give the action the room it needed to cycle properly. Works great now. Now I am looking for a short parkerized slug barrel for the 9200 if anyone knows where to find one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats bull on the jungle gun i own 3 of them and they run hell ready if you lightly of no oil them,these guys in here dont know what they are talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts