Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow,

how did your shoulder feel after that shot. My god why would you shoot 3" shell through a 6 pound gun?
warranty

Benelli will replace the stock, I have never needed warranty work from them but I have read good things about them on other BBS The next step would be to call customer service, remember the person on the phone did not break your gun, things like this happen. Honey catches more flies than vinegar.

From Benelli USA:

Q:How and where do I send my gun for warranty repair service?
A:The first step must be to ensure that the firearm is completely unloaded by visually and physically checking both the chamber and the magazine. It is both dangerous and illegal to ship a loaded firearm through the mail and you should call Benelli for assistance if the gun cannot be completely unloaded for any reason prior to shipping. Put your firearm in the original box, if you still have it, with the spacers in place to prevent the bolt from contacting the forend (if you do not have the original box, it is best to ship the gun assembled in a hard gun case). Before sending the box, you must first obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number. To obtain an RA, call Benelli USA's Customer Service Department at (301) 283-6981 from 8:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. The RA number must appear on the outside of the box. Put a letter in the box describing the problem you are having. Be sure to include your name, address, and daytime phone number. Insure the package for the replacement value of the gun and ship the package to the address below:

Benelli USA
Attn: Service Department
901 Eighth Street
Pocomoke, MD 21851

SL

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Interesting, haven't seen that happen before. The gun is chambered for 3 inch loads. Let us know what they say. This is the first negative thing I have heard on the BUL.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yes, they are chamered for 3" shells, but........????

It's all about marketing and sales, but as an upland bird gun, Benelli would have been much better off chambering these for 2 3/4".

Just the laws of physics predict trouble when you shoot 3" 12 gauge ammo out of a 6lb gun. Stock splits happen all the time when people overload light (and expensive) doubles.

Man how IS your shoulder?

Squareload gave you good advice on the warranty. I haven't even had a Benelli jam in about 11 years, but I stick to factory ammo and just hunt with mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My shoulder's fine. I know it sounds like the kick should be real bad, but it's not. The reason why I shoot 3" out of this gun is because it swings like a dream. I've owned a lot of shotguns, but this is the best swinging ever.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
KragerVonJager said:
My shoulder's fine. I know it sounds like the kick should be real bad, but it's not. The reason why I shoot 3" out of this gun is because it swings like a dream. I've owned a lot of shotguns, but this is the best swinging ever.
You said it KVJ! I don't know why, but they just don't seem to kick like they should! Not at all as much as my M1 and M2 guns. And they were vicious, nasty kickers, one with the so called Comfortech stock and one with out. Couldn't tell the difference in felt recoil. Finally put Limbsaver butt pads on them and now, they are just a bit worse then the BULs. No reason to even think about Limbsavers on the BULs, they are so mild.

I have run everything from 3/4 oz handloads, right up through 1 7/8 oz. lead # 2, 3 inch mags through my BUL. No problems at all! 1 1/8 oz. Rem. HD # 6, 1440 FPS, 3 inch mags, were just devastating on pheasants in ND.'s water fowl production area, the first week of their season. (Out of state hunters are barred from most of their public walk in areas, during that first week and almost no one hunts the water fowl production areas, because of the non-tox shot requirement.)

Sorry that yours split out. I saw an otherwise 99 percent plus, Beretta A302 with a piece just like that, missing out of the forearm a while back. Just a bad piece of wood. They say that it is walnut, even while being covered in that finish that they put on, and it does seem to be. However very light colored and straight grained.

I first picked up some extended chokes for the BUL, but then just screwed in a PolyChoke II and now use nothing else! Love the gun and the set up! Swings even better now!

Hope they replace it fast for you! (I think that buttstock lists at over $ 300, if one has to buy it!)

Clyde

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke with the sales Rep. here in SW WA. Wow, what a great guy! He returned my phone call early the next day and even contacted Benelli USA for me. He even went a step further when I e-mailed him a photo of what happened and explained I didn't want to give the gun up for the rest of hunting season (4 week turn-around). He called Benelli USA one more time for me and got a RA# and said I could send it in after hunting season since he had documentaion of condition of the gun. he said it will be covered under the 5 year warrenty.

NOW THAT IS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Clyde, You are a gentleman and a scholar. Anyone that uses a Polychoke II is steps up in the evolutionary scale. I have one on all my guns. I wish those who talk about their looks would consider their convenience. There are lots of new guns that look like dogs, some of the better brands. Methinks a Poly II could only improve their looks. Plus, make their shooting experience so much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.