Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after talking to my local shops i've come to the conclusion that i need a new shotgun for hunting. the one i have been using is an "old" gun and full choked. i have to shoot steel so i dont want the barrel going on me while im hunting. wut new shotgun do suggest. also im looking at getting into sporting clays so i would like to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. im a poor white boy from canada, my budget would be around 650. also if there is anyone from canada on these boards, can u order guns from US without much hassle?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can only tell of my experience with my new Remington 1100 Sporting 12 - I love it!

The 1100 series has proven itself over many, many years. There are no less than 13 different styles to the 1100 series. As this model suggests (Sporting 12) it comes out of the box ready for lots of sport shooting. It's a semi-auto. Four "easy remove" chokes come with it too. Great wood, solid construction - it's a beauty that should certainly be able to handle itself in the woods too... Incredibly configurable, and everybody sells & services 'em.

Bought mine brand new at Gander Mountain for $730, ready to go... I gotta' believe that you could find 'em new for even cheaper than that.

Here's a link to Remington's site, and the model I'm speaking of:

http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotg ... sptg12.HTM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Remington 1100 is a good choice. I have one. But a real good gun for the money is the Mossberg 9200. It shoots about the same as the Remington but is cheaper and lighter. It comes with chokes approved for steel. They have a reputation for being very reliable and mine has been. It also shoots any 2 3/4 or 3 inch load without adjustment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts