Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my mind made up to purchase a Franchi Alcione Titanium, but a few people cautioned me that the recoil would make it very difficult to shoot sporting clays with. I plan to shoot skeet, sporting clays, and hunt upland game with this gun.

As an alternative, they have suggested that I go with the Franchi Alcione SL Sport. It comes standard with ported barrells and extended choke tubes and is close to 1 lb. heavier than the alcione titanium, so recoil should be a less.

Are there any opinions on this gun out there?

I would appreciate your thoughts, as this is a major purchase, and I hate to be second guessing it a few months down the road.

·
Registered
98 Posts
if you put down some extra cash you can buy 20 gauge barrels for it when you use it for upland

G

·
I pretty much have my mind made up also to purchase a Franchi Alcione Titanium for hunting and skeet shooting. I posted a topic below to find out more on recoil related issues regarding the skeet shooting. Is it still going to kick uncomfortably if I am only shooting a 1oz load of 3 dram 8's while shooting skeet? I would like to purchase an o/u for both hunting and sporting while managing to find a gun that fits (Franchi fits great) and won't break the bank. Opinions folks? Thanks!

TyJake

G

·
I have been looking at the sl sport too and would like any feedback on this mater. I have heard good and bad things about the company. I shoot a winchester model 96 with the trap stock currently, and have not found many guns that feel good to me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the Franchi 612 semi-auto and it has been a great gun so far. You can switch the gas piston from light loads to heavy loads and it has digested everything I have fed it from 1oz loads to 3" magnum shells. The gun has great balance and with the recoil spring and gas piston in the forearm it is easy to take down and clean. It comes with shims to adjust drop and cast. Mine is the synthetic version that ways at 7lbs and recoil is extremely mild. I know time will tell but so far I can't say enough great things about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts