Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
sjohnny said:
Get some training on home defense specific stuff. Being able to handle a gun on the clays course or in the field is very different from handling a gun in a life and death situation. Work on your home security and have a plan that involves your family so they know what to do if anything happens.
And there it is.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
ClayCrusher48 said:
Ok thanks for the advice sjohnny. I think im going to get a tac light for my gun and maybe a side saddle or stock saddle for added ammunition.
ClayCrusher48, you seem to be sincerely asking for help, so I will give you some. Take it or leave it. :wink:

Not trying to offend you, but these type of questions come up often.

The answer was given by sjohnny. You need some training.

We tell people that all the time, and it seems to go in one ear and out the other.

A well-trained man with a completely stock 870 is at least ten times better prepared than an un-trained man with a $3,000 shotgun with all the bells and whistles on it.

No amount of gadgets will make up for a lack of training.

Get some training. Then you will know what system you need and what add-ons might be of help to you.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
alt154shiver said:
No personal experience with either, however, I don't hear the best things about FrontSight.

As for ThunderRanch, they have moved up here to the great northwest. I'm still meaning to take some of their classes, but Old_Painless has IIRC and I've never read such glowing reviews of a training course. On my current list is their Pistol Course, Carbine 1, Shotgun 1, and hopefully their team tactics course.
Yep, I've been to TR 4 times, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Urban Rilfe, and Defensive Shotgun.

Clint and Hiedi are just great folks. The training is extremely well-done, and I am a "ringer", as I was a Training Manager for most of my career and know the difference between good and bad training.

But it's not cheap. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.