Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just last week my friend got kidnapped and robbed at a local Wal-Mart for $11, ELEVEN %^&*#[email protected] DOLLARS, and hes only 17. Ive heard about bad things going on in this city but this is just not right, hes fine and all but hes still really shaken up. Ive also had a few city officials (cops at my gym, animal control, etc.) say that in my neighbor hood, which is accually a nice little place to live and ALOT of kids live real close to me, but Ive heard there might be like an un-ghetto drug dealer (if there is such a thing) living somewhere in the area. That being said I need some advice, Ive got a Mossberg 500 12. ga, matte black with camo stock and slide, its got a 24" turkey barrel and holds like 6 rounds. My questions is keep it loaded and ready to roll or keep the gun lock on it with ammo near by? Any and all advice would help, I dont want an open ivitation for a criminal to say break in the house when no one is there and I have a locked and loaded shotgun sitting there. Ive also got a Colt .22 magnum revolver, not much but better than swinging a cut down shovel handle. Thanks to all in the basement who reply.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im glad hes ok too, he could have easily been killed over that petty cash, hes really lucky. I live in a duplex, so there is another dwelling attached right next door, I dont have tactical training per say but I know hold to handle guns very well, and Ive been reading articles and watching videos on home defense techniques and such. I fell very confident in my abilities to protect my family and our property. Crime has gotten bad in this city and alot of citizens are arming them selves, I think my area has one of the highest crime rates in all of NC, and it may be fueled by the fact that we are the #1 in all of the state as far as unemployment goes. Do you have any other tips of advice for my situation?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for the advice sjohnny. I think im going to get a tac light for my gun and maybe a side saddle or stock saddle for added ammunition. Maybe if I can get my darn camera to work I will post a picture of my current HD setup

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres some pics:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
COM? Yea I dont have buckshot...yet. Will be goin to walmart soon to pick up a few things for it. Ill be on high alert while at walmart, I refuse to become a victim :twisted:

Edit- just realized what you meant by COM.. center of mass...coulda had a V8. :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice, Ill take all I can get. Do you know where one can get training in NC? And I dont want all kinds of expenisive gadgets, and thing a ma bobs, I just want to be able to see and reload.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont doubt that anymore, Im going to be much more observant when I go out now, especially to wal-mart. Oh and I forgot to mention, when he was kidnapped and robbed, it was a tuesday evening, at like 7-7:30...my point is it was broad day light.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I might just go out and get that book now. thanks. I wonder if there are any training facilites in NC? Too bad i dont live in TX, then i could go to Thunder Ranch! :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks for the link Gunsmoke.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.