Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this shotgun is a remington 1100 magnum, but i was gonna just sell it cus my sons getting to the point where hes grabbing everything and he had gotten it outta the clost yesterday lol but anyways the guy wanted a serial number and come to find out it doesnt have one. after examining it i found out that the barrel comes off and its actually a pump action, but the way its put together it wont pump, the wood thing that you pump wont move. so the only conclusion i have is that the barrel and the gun dont match, is this possible? the barrel has a choke on it and i was wondering if my grandpa had done that on purpose, and how much it might be worth? thanks

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
b_maples08 said:
ok so this shotgun is a remington 1100 magnum, but i was gonna just sell it cus my sons getting to the point where hes grabbing everything and he had gotten it outta the clost yesterday lol but anyways the guy wanted a serial number and come to find out it doesnt have one. after examining it i found out that the barrel comes off and its actually a pump action, but the way its put together it wont pump, the wood thing that you pump wont move. so the only conclusion i have is that the barrel and the gun dont match, is this possible? the barrel has a choke on it and i was wondering if my grandpa had done that on purpose, and how much it might be worth? thanks
The Remington 1100 is a gas operated autoloader, first introduced in 1963. It is not a pump-action.

Remingtons built since the late '40s have barrels that are interchangeable within model and gauge.

If you removed the fore end (the wood thing you mentioned), you may have seen the action bars. Gas from a fired shell funnels out of the barrel port, activates a piston/ring assembly, which then moves the action bars to cycle the action.

An 1100 Magmun should have 1 gas port and was only designed to cycle magnum shells. This gun will not cycle 2 3/4" target or light field loads.

An external choke on the barrel is likely a PolyChoke - a popular aftermarket adjustable choke device used through the 60s.

The serial number should be located on the left side of the receiver.

Depending upon condition, this gun is likely worth $300.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Is the choke about 3 inches long and larger than the diameter of the barrel? What markings are on the choke? Have you tried to pull the bolt back on the gun? Are you sure the gun is unloaded? I suggest 2 things. Get a trigger lock on it soon and take it to a reputable gun shop to determine what the gun actually is. It probably is a 1100 Magnum. From your description of the gun (wood thing. and pump action), I think you know very little about guns and would benefit from a talk with a gun smith.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
The "choke" on the end of the barrel could be an add on item like a Cutts Compensator or a PolyChoke. Where are you located? We might be able to get you in touch with a gun club in your area where some folks could show you the ins and outs of your Remington 1100. You can download the owners manual from Remington here:
http://www.remington.com/pdfs/om/om_11001187.pdf

...Bob_K

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Bodine said:
Young Lady, I suggest U sell all your guns :evil:
I may be overlooking something, but, how do you know this OP is a young lady.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
b_maples08 said:
If you don't know the difference between a gas operated gun an a pump gun, how do you know what a choke is?

Something smells here.

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
EyeMissum said:
Bodine said:
Young Lady, I suggest U sell all your guns :evil:
I may be overlooking something, but, how do you know this OP is a young lady.
Don,

Bodine's comment is perfectly accurate, and right on the money, if you repeat his statement in the voice of R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket! :shock: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts