Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a chance to buy a browning a-5 for 85 dollars. it is 12 gauge, "round" butt on the pistol grip, 2 3/4", and some scratches along the barrel and stocks. Is it worth it? and also is the barrel of it to soft for steel shot(thats what i've heard)?

·
Premium Member
19,741 Posts
Be leery of any deal that sounds too good to be true. It may be a stolen gun. If you are reasonably sure the gun is not stolen and if the gun even remotely looks like it would shoot, I've got 2 words to say..... BUY IT :!:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not stolen, its at a reputable dealers store. they say its cheap because its an old lead gun, nothing is wrong with it, also my barrel question, steel not good for brownings barrels?

·
Premium Member
19,741 Posts
Steel shot may not be good for THAT particular gun, but OTOH what could it hurt? I wouldn't shoot steel through it if it is a full choke, but if it's modified or less choke, steel birdshot would not likely do any harm. Why are you so concerned about steel shot? Are you required to use steel for all your hunting? If I wanted a goose or duck gun, I'd probably use something else.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i already have a clays gun and a goose gun, this would just be another gun i could use, and its only 85 bux

1 - 5 of 5 Posts