Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have or shot one of these??? The pump is $150 at BiMart, comes with 4 choke tubes, the combo has a rifled barrel. I looked at a 12 ga pump and for the price can't find anything really wrong with it and it is AMERICAN MADE.

Any more POSITIVE assesments? Even the Rem 870 is only $238 right now.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey NFG,

You better check the side of that receiver again! :) :) These bad boys are MADE IN CHINA but mine has been a pleasure to shoot and has had no issues. I have one of the pumps that I bought from a private seller ANIB with some other guns. I'm pretty sure the semi is MADE IN TURKEY by the company who made/ makes Verona semi's. I'm sure others will chime in as well. My only statement is that I probably would not buy one if I was in a gunshop buying new and had the wherewithall to buy a truly American made gun. JMHO

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
bucky83 is correct, it is a Chinese made copy of the Remington 870.

Personally, I have a major problem with them.

IMHO. it is one thing for a Chinese manufacturer to make a replica 1897 Winchester, designed in the 1890's, last made in 1957, at a facility that no longer exists.

It is another thing to copy as current U.S. design, which is still currently being manufactured, in the U.S.

Except for a few outside cosmetic diffences such as the back of the receiver, the parts in the link look like they were directly copied from the 870, to me.

http://www.hr1871.com/documents/manuals ... Manual.pdf

If the Chinese want to design their own gun, make it a good design, well made, out of good materials and sell it on its merrit, that's one thing.

It is a gun that they did not have to bear the design costs for, they don't have the same wage scale as Ilion NY, I doubt they have to meet the same labor, safety and envirionmental laws as they do in the U.S.; a few reasons why they can sell them that cheap.

I'm not even from the U.S and I wouldn't consider buying one for those reasons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.