Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about asking for a break-action single shot .410 for Christmas and had a few questions about the NEF .410.

Can you get it with a synthetic stock or just wood?
How reliable is it?
What would the price be with a synthetic stock vs. wood stock?

I am planning on using it for small game and just shooting around with. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
How reliable. Wow i have had one since 1989. So i guess they are pretty good. Very reliable dependable. i would almost swear unbreakable. i have the wooden stock one. i like it a lot. i would stick to the wood. the 410 is an excellent gun. A good first time shot gun or just a very good all around gun.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think it would be hard to find a gun more reliable than this model. I got my h&r(same as nef) 410 in 1984 and it has went through all 3 of my nephews and now my oldest daughter is beginning to shoot it.

I have no idea on the price difference between synthetic and wood but I think you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wal Mart has them for $104.95. I havn't seen a lower price anywhere else. Their web site does not show a synthetic model and their catalog does not show a synthetic model.

I have one that has had the action tweaked, 8) the chamber and cone pllished, 8) and a little choke work. 8) It has an after market tiger stripe stock and fore end with about 12-15 coats of pure raw tung oil. :shock: To say I like it would be much understated :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked one up in a pawn shop for $50. It has some blueing issues but nothing I can't fix. It is a sweet little rabbit/squirrel rifle and it is fun to shoot. I think that you will enjoy it if you get one. Mine has the wooden stock, built like a tank.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got one for my kid last year for his b-day. shot it one time just before dove opened and it broke! some pin was not set right from the factory so he used one of my old ,410s and still had a great day.. but in all fairness they did make it right with no problems they are good little guns i have had mine since i was boy still knocks them dead !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.