Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just wondering if some of you could provide me with any info regarding neutral cast o/u's in 12 gauge. Perhaps 2G or under in price. Or are almost all o/u's cast on for the majority of shooters, which indeed are righties.

As a lefty, I would obviously rather not have a cast on o/u, and I don't really want to buy a left-handed gun for a number of reasons.

Many descriptions of o/u's, even on some manufacturers websites, don't always describe the cast.

thanks
ace57

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, it might help if I added that I want the gun for breaking some clays, probably informally, nothing too intense.
...so probably 28" barrels, sporting model I would guess, or something that is not too specialized for one particular "sport"

thanks

ace57

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
The winchester select energy sporting and field model are neutral. The browning cynergy is also neutral in both models with a assortment of adj combs to be had both in wood and synthetic stocks. The 525 browning although not neutral is so close it can easily be used by a lefty.

·
Registered
107 Posts
All the newer Brownings have neutral cast. Unless you want to spend $130-$150 plus shipping to get it bent. I'm a lefty and my 16ga Citori is sweet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

Any other suggestions or leads continue to be appreciated.

ace57

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
The XS and 525 brownings have cast although not nearly as much as a beretta but they do have some slight cast. The cynergy is the only true no cast gun they make. They make the claim of a no cast gun with the cynergy but I have never seen browning make that claim with any other.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
My wife bought me a 686 onyx field gun as a gift. The cast is so neutral as to be bothersome (at least to me). And no, its not a leftie. My left handed friend shot a round of SC with it this past weekend and loved it.

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
I`ve noticed the 686 and 682 are fairly neutral with some small amount of cast. The 687 and DT10 have a lot.

·
Registered
240 Posts
cbxchris said:
The XS and 525 browning have cast although not nearly as much as a Beretta but they do have some slight cast. The cynergy is the only true no cast gun they make. They make the claim of a no cast gun with the cynergy but I have never seen browning make that claim with any other.
I have a cynergy wood with adjustable comb that I purchased on the net, it has more cast off then any of my other guns. I'm right handed and I think I should have the stocks on the rest of my guns bent to match.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the input guys,

ah hell, I ended up buying a lefty cast-on o/u afterall...

cya

ace57

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...I purchased a new Franchi Alcione SL sporting with cast on...

Looked good as far as what you get for the price, and seemed versatile enough to dabble in all types of clays.

I was wary of buying used.

...I liked the 30" barrels, ported, knurled extended chokes, manual safety, good weight, wood looked nice etc...

I know as of 01/06 the Alcione models have been discontinued.
Now I just need some weather...

ace57

1 - 14 of 14 Posts