Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a New Yildiz 20ga at Academy in Tulsa, OK....
Well I mean I had to have my sister in law get it and me pay, What is this BS Academy store policy that they will not sell long guns to someone from out of state? I mean that is just nuts hell most of the guns I have were bought out of state.

Anyway I really like the gun ran about 80 rounds though it first day, dam thing kicks more than my 12ga SKB 100 with 25in barrels. Needs some finish onthe wood but I bought it for hunting & will love the light weight when walking.

·
Registered
296 Posts
congrats on your new 20ga....I think I'll pick one up eventually to go with my 12ga....also see some of the posts on recoil pads...you might want to add a aftermarket pad to replace the stock one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
First of all congrats! I put another 75 rounds through my 20ga today. I bought a recoil pad to put on mine, but it seems the more I shoot it the less I notice the recoil. Granted, today I shot 7/8 oz target loads when earlier I was shooting 1 oz loads. I think I will still install the pad, but it doesn't seem as urgent as the first time I shot it. The wood needs to be finished a little more if yours is like mine. Look for the thread in this forum where we talk about finishes. Welcome to the Yildiz fold...
Tom

·
Registered
505 Posts
Estate sells a reduced 3/4 ounce load that shoots pretty well if you don't reload. I shot 5 rounds of skeet with my 20g Yildiz sunday, like it better than the 12g.(with 3/4 ounce loads) 117 out of 125 was a good day for me. Look at Ables site for the estate load.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update took my Y to my local gunsmith for a stock shortening (short mans disease) and to add a Limbsaver pad. even talked him into refinishing it with some true oil all for about $100. He had never seen one and was very impressed with the light weight and how well it comes up, anyway I will post up some pics of my $500 Yildiz when it is done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.