Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gander had the SPR453's on sale ($299) so I gave into the temptation and brought one home. There are only a few cosmetic differences from my MP-153. The end cap is a little easier to grip and the magazine plug is a little nicer than the stick that came with the 153.

The biggest difference I noticed was the 453 wasn't coated with enough rust inhibitor to last for 1000 years as the 153 had been. It was much easier to clean up the 453 and make it ready for use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The closest Gander to me has them for 384.00. If they had them for 299.00, I'd be on the road right now to get one. I'm still thinking awfully hard about it. Was it a special price in a mailer or something? Where was the store that had them for 299?

I called one Gander and they told me that spartan didn't make an autoloader... :D lol . I don't think he believed me even after I told him that the store down the road had them.

miji

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forest Lake, Minnesota.

They were on clearance for $349. Then they had an in store special that knocked off another $50 of any gun that was on clearance.

Check and see if your local store will match the price, or see if you can buy it up here and have it shipped to your local store.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They matched the price and I am cleaning mine as we speak. I hope to break it in this evening. Thanks for the headsup!

If someone will not match the price, keep calling until you find someone who will. I found a store an hour away that was running the special. After I found the special, one of the salespeople I talked to on the phone told me that they were sold out of them. They had three on the shelf when I got there.

miji

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went and shot a box of 3 inch #2 1/1/8 oz waterfowl loads yesterday. I also shot some BB's and a few 3 1/2 BBs. The barrel seemed very warm for just over one box. Is this normal?

Also the little tab by the trigger that is suppose to come out when the gun is cocked never goes up. Any suggestions on fixing that?

Anyone use a Limbsaver recoil pad? Do you know what number is needed for the synthetic stock? Recoil was not bad but I like using limbsavers. I did flinch (forgot the safety) when I put in the 3 1/2's. :D

Loved the gun. Going hunting Thursday and will see how well I can shoot it. I got a terror choke .675. It arrived after I had left to shoot. I was not impressed with the spread of the IC and modified chokes that came with the gun.

miji

1 - 6 of 6 Posts